SIMPLE WAYS TO AVOID TAX ERRORS
These may seem like no-brainers, but they're actually some of the most common mistakes the IRS sees:
• Use the peel-off name and address label that come with your forms.
• Double check all math calculations.
• Sign and date your return both you and your spouse.
• Attach supporting documentation, including W-2s and 1099s.
• Enclose a signed, dated check if you owe taxes.
• Check only one filling status.
• Match everyone's name and Social Security number against the data on his or her Social Security card.
• Use the correct tax tables in your filling instructions.
• Affix correct postage.
Click here for more tax tips!