These are the words of wisdom that the women of Reddit live by:
- "Don't react; respond."
- "No matter how much you know, what you say is as much as the other person understands."
- "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
- "Anxiety isn’t intuition."
- "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. They're either speaking or preparing to speak. They're filtering everything through their own paradigms, reading their autobiography into other people's lives."
- "Nothing in nature blooms all year round; why should you?"
- "People can only meet you as far as they’ve met themselves."
- "When you know what you value, hard decisions are easy to make."
- "You can't pour from an empty cup."
- "Communication won't help when the other person doesn't even care to hear you."
- "If you wouldn’t take their advice, then don’t take their criticism."
- "Don't light yourself on fire to keep others warm."
- "Forgiveness means giving up all hope of a better past."
- It is never too late to have a happy childhood."
- "This, too, shall pass"
- “Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency for me.”
- "You can be the sweetest, ripest, and most delicious peach on the tree, but there will always be someone out there who doesn't like peaches."
- "I will not accept a life I do not deserve."
Source: Reddit/Ask Women