Brevard County small businesses and nonprofits that have been financially impacted by the coronavirus pandemic can now apply to receive a grant of up to $10,000. The $10 million in grant funds comes from money the county received from the federal CARES Act and now, it’s available for distribution. The application period began Monday and will run through Aug. 10.
To be eligible, a small business must:
- Be located in Brevard County
- Have 50 or fewer employees as of Jan. 1, 2020
- Must have had a negative financial impact as a result of the spread of COVID-19
- Must be enrolled in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program
- Applicant’s revenue losses or expenses utilized to establish program eligibility and grant amount must not have been reimbursed through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), Small Business Administration (SBA) Debt Relief Program or other similar federal and state programs
Applications are available online here.