Prepare for hurricane season
- Understand that your planning may be different this year because of the need to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
- Give yourself more time than usual toprepare your emergency food, water, and medicine supplies. Home delivery is the safest choice for buying disaster supplies; however, that may not be an option for everyone. If in-person shopping is your only choice, take steps toprotect your and others’ health when running essential errands.
- Protect yourself and others when fillingprescriptions by limiting in-person visits to the pharmacy. Sign up for mail order delivery or call in your prescription ahead of time and use drive-through windows or curbside pickup, if available.
- Pay attention to local guidance about updated plans for evacuations and shelters, includingshelters for your pets.
- When you check on neighbors and friends, be sure to followsocial distancingrecommendations (staying at least 6 feet from others) andother CDC recommendations to protect yourself and others.