It's time to stock up on hurricane supplies with hurricane season starting tomorrow. Florida’s tax-free holiday starts today and runs through June 6th.
Items eligible for the tax break from May 31 through June 6 are:
- reusable ice that costs $10 or less;
- self-powered light sources, $20 or less;
- gas or diesel fuel tanks, $25 or less;
- nonelectric food storage coolers, $30 or less;
- packs of AA-cell, AAA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-volt, or 9-volt batteries, $30 or less;
- self-powered radios, two-way radios, or weather-band radios, $50 or less;
- tarpaulins or other flexible waterproof sheeting, $50 or less;
- tie-down kits, $50 or less;
- portable generators, $750 or less.