1. Be open about your finances - people are almost always fighting about money in a divorce. And couples need to feel comfortable talking about money.
2. Support each other during life events - such as losing a job or a major illness. Couples who support each other during a challenge have a better chance of making it.
3. Don’t forget you’re on the same team - When you’re not working well together, try to strengthen your unity.
4. Actively listen while your partner talks - Communication is key and really listening isn’t just sitting there waiting until it’s your turn to talk.
5. Don’t forget it’s the little things that count - the number one day for divorce is the day after Valentine’s Day!” Couples are just disappointed and call it quits. Take the time and energy to show you care, all the time, not just on a special occasion.