1. Wear a Colorful Statement Necklace - Young skin has a natural flush that fades over the years, and black clothing only exacerbates the problem. If you're not ready to trade in your muted wardrobe for something bolder, add some color around your face with a bright statement necklace.
2. Mimic Your Celebrity Look-Alike - Search magazines and websites for someone in the public eye who is close in age to you, with a similar shape and coloring, and whose style you admire. Shop for budget-friendly pieces similar to the ones she wears.
3. Try Adding a Trendy Piece - Adding one or two trendy pieces to your wardrobe can prevent it from looking dated and shows you're still with it. Careful with retro looks: They can be tricky to pull off the second time around.
4. Flatter Your Best Features - Just because you're not 20 anymore doesn't mean you need to hide in a caftan. The legs go last, as the adage goes, so consider putting yours on display in a short-ish skirt. Choose one that's 1 to 2 inches above the knee. If you prefer more coverage, add opaque tights to the mix.
5. Pay Attention to the Quality of the Fabric - Invest in well-made silk jersey, wool and even synthetic garments—they're more likely to flatter your figure than ones made of cheaper materials. And a slip or camisole can improve how a garment hangs, letting you wear sheer or low-cut clothes without embarrassment.