1. Part of the reason 13 got a bad rap is because it comes after 12, which is a number of “completeness.” For example: 12 months in a year, 12 hours in a clock, 12 God of Olympus, 12 Zodiac signs, 12 tribes of Israel, 12 days of Christmas, 12 labors of Hercules, 12 Apostles of Jesus and 12 eggs in a dozen.
2. Many hospitals don’t have a room number with 13 in it as well as a 13th floor. The same thing goes for tall buildings. Normally the 13th floor is skipped. Some airlines omit Gate 13.
3. Hollywood has capitalized on the Friday the 13th superstitions. Four of the 12 movies released were done so on Friday the 13th.
4. President Franklin D. Roosevelt would never have a 13th guest at a meal, nor would he travel on the 13th day of any month.
5. The number 13 is considered lucky by Italians.
6. Taylor Swift considers 13 her lucky number and used to paint 13 on her hand.
7. The Apollo 13 launched at 13:13 on Apr. 11, 1970. The sum of the date's digits (4-11-70) is 13 . And the explosion that crippled the spacecraft occurred on April 13 (not a Friday). The crew did make it back to Earth safely, however.